All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Smart Grid delivers renewable energy as a main source of electricity from producers to consumers using two-way monitoring through Smart Meter techlogy that can remotely control consumer electricity use. This can help to storage excess energy; reduce costs, increase reliability and transparency, and make processes more efficiently. Smart Grids: Opportunities, Developments, and Trends discusses advances in Smart Grid in today's dynamic and rapid growing global ecomical and techlogical environments. Current development in the field are systematically explored with an introduction, detailed discussion and an experimental demonstration. Each chapter also includes the future scope and ongoing research for each topic. Smart Grids: Opportunities, Developments, and Trends provides up to date kwledge, research results, and invations in Smart Grids spanning design, implementation, analysis and evaluation of Smart Grid solutions to the challenging problems in all areas of power industry. Providing a solid foundation for graduate and postgraduate students, this thorough approach also makes Smart Grids: Opportunities, Developments, and Trends a useful resource and hand book for researchers and practitioners in Smart Grid research. It can also act as a guide to Smart Grids for industry professionals and engineers from different fields working with Smart Grids.
- Author BiographyDr. Ali is currently with School of Engineering and Technology, CQUniversity, Australia. He received his PhD in Information Technology from Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University. His research interests include Computational Intelligence, Data Mining, Smart Grid, Cloud Computing and Biomedical Engineering. In particular, he is currently leading in a research group on Computational Intelligence. He has published more than 112 research papers in international journals and conferences, most of them are IEEE/ELSEVIER journals/conferences, such as IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications, Journal of Medical Systems, Springer, Renewable Energy, ELSEVIER. He has also published several book chapters and books. His Data Mining book is being used as text in more than two dozen of universities around the Globe. Currently he is editing another book on Application of Computational Intelligence. Dr. Ali has chaired many conferences including DMAI, NSS, ICDKE and ISDA. He has been a program committee member for about 40 international conferences such as IEEE TrustCom, IEEE ICCIT, IEEE/ACIS, IEEE ICARCV and IEEE AINA. Currently he is the editor-in-chief for International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Sciences and Engineering (IJETSE), Canada. He is an IEEE Senior Member. Dr. Ali has received a couple of awards including the Post Graduation Publication Award, Monash University, 2004, the Excellence in Supervision Award, CQUniversity, 2007 and the Top 10 Course Designers, CQUniversity, 2010.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight343 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byA. B. M. Shawkat Ali
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.