All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAchieve the Best Camera Design: Up-to-Date Information on MCMs Miniature camera modules (MCMs), such as webcams, have rapidly become ubiquitous in our day-to-day devices, from mobile phones to interactive TV systems. MCMs-or smart cameras-can zoom, adjust their frame rate automatically with illumination change, focus at different distances, compensate for hand shake, and transform captured images. With contributions from academics and field engineers, Smart Mini-Cameras discusses the structure, operation principles, applications, and future trends of miniature mobile cameras. It compares this techlogy with traditional digital still cameras and explains the specific requirements of MCM components (imposed by the size or type of application) in terms of optical design, image sensor, and functionalities. The book describes the implementation of several active functionalities, including liquid crystal auto focus (AF) and optical image stabilization (OIS). It also explores how new techlogies, such as the curved detector and transforming optics, are stimulating vel trends, including a miniature paramic lens on mobile phones. By providing you with an understanding of the components and performance tradeoffs of MCMs, this book will help you achieve the best camera design. It also answers frequently asked questions, such as the importance of the number of megapixels in a mobile phone camera and the value of AF and OIS features.
- Author BiographyTigran V. Galstian is a professor in the Department of Physics, Engineering Physics and Optics at the Universite Laval in Quebec, Canada. He is president of the Canadian section of the International Optics Commission, associate editor of the European Journal of Physics: Applied Physics, and member of the Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec and the Societe Francaise d'Optique. He received an MSc and a PhD in quantum electronics from the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute. His main research interests are new optoelectronic materials and their applications in the areas of optical information and biomedical optics, including behavioral biophysical systems.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note221 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byTigran V. Galstian
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.