All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSmart sensors and MEMS can include a variety of devices and systems that have a high level of functionality. They do this either by integrating multiple sensing and actuating modes into one device, or else by integrating sensing and actuating with information processing, analog-to-digital conversion and memory functions. Part one outlines the industrial applications for smart sensors, covering direct interface circuits for sensors, capacitive sensors for displacement measurement in the sub-nameter range, integrated inductive displacement sensors for harsh industrial environments, advanced silicon radiation detectors in the vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and extreme ultraviolet (EUV) spectral range, and advanced optical incremental sensors (encoders and interferometers), among other topics. The second part of the book describes the industrial applications of smart micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS). Some of the topics covered in this section include microfabrication techlogies used for creating smart devices for industrial applications, microactuators, dynamic behaviour of smart MEMS in industrial applications, MEMS integrating motion and displacement sensors, MEMS print heads for industrial printing, Photovoltaic and fuel cells in power MEMS for smart energy management, and radio frequency (RF)-MEMS for smart communication microsystems. Smart sensors and MEMS is invaluable reference for academics, materials scientists and electrical engineers working in the microelectronics, sensors and micromechanics industry, and engineers looking for industrial sensing, monitoring and automation solutions.
- Author BiographyDr Stoyan Nihtianov is an Associate Professor at the Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. Dr Antonio Luque is an Associate Professor at the University of Seville, Spain.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials
- Series Part/Volume Number51
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight970 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byA. Luque,Antonio Estepa,Stoyan Nihtianov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.