Smart Sensors for Health and Environment Monitoring: 2016 by Springer (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $125.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $159.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers two most important applications of smart sensors, namely bio-health sensing and environmental monitoring. The approach taken is holistic and covers the complete scope of the subject matter from the principles of the sensing mechanism, through device physics, circuit and system implementation techniques, and energy issues to wireless connectivity solutions. It is written at a level suitable mainly for post-graduate level researchers interested in practical applications. The chapters are independent but complementary to each other, and the book works within the wider perspective of essential smart sensors for the Internet of Things (IoT). This is the second of three books based on the Integrated Smart Sensors research project, which describe the development of invative devices, circuits, and system-level enabling techlogies. The aim of the project was to develop common platforms on which various devices and sensors can be loaded, and to create systems offering significant improvements in information processing speed, energy usage, and size. This book contains substantial reference lists and over 150 figures, introducing the reader to the subject in a tutorial style whilst also addressing state-of-the-art research results, allowing it to be used as a guide for starting researchers.
- Author BiographyChong-Min Kyung (Professor, KAIST) received B.S. in Electrical Engineering (EE) from Seoul National University in 1975, M.S. and Ph.D. in EE from KAIST in 1977 and 1981, respectively. He worked at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill during 1981-1983. Since 1983, he has been Professor at the Department of EE at KAIST. He started Center for Integrated Smart Sensors (CISS) in 2011, sponsored as Global Frontier Project by Korean government. He has published over 300 international journal/conference papers on device physics/simulation, CAD, computer graphics, and System-on-a-Chip design including RISC/CISC microprocessors, VLIW and reconfigurable DSP cores, and video CODEC. His current research focuses on applying system-level cost-energy-rate-distortion optimization techniques to the design of smart sensors, especially smart cameras. He has led, as Founding Director, IDEC (IC Design Education Center) during 1995-2011. He received Best Paper Awards in numerous international conferences including ASP-DAC 1997 and 1998, DAC in 2000, ICSPAT in 1999, ICCD in 1999, ISOCC in 2009, and ISQED in 2014. He is a member of National Academy of Engineering Korea and Korean Academy of Science and Technology and IEEE Fellow.
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleKaist Research Series
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 121 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight739 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChong-Min Kyung
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.