All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSmartcultures provide a set vel of regenerative techlogies that mimic nature to provide enhanced foundation (soil structure) and nutrients for crops. Plants thrive in amended soils; they grow faster, stronger and reverse nutrition dilution, empty calories, with more nutrition per bite. Regenerated soils enhance color, taste, texture and yields. Algae biofertilizers carry bioavailable nutrients that may be delivered in precise amounts at specific times during each crop's growing cycle. Smartcultures support sustainable crop production by cultivating nature's natechlogy - algae and microbial communities - to build soils, feed crops and reduce pollution and erosion. Growers use the natural power of microflora in place of synthetic agricultural chemicals and are rewarded with superior nutrition in their produce and regenerated soil. Growers use 360 microfarms near their fields to cultivate microorganisms such as algae, which they grow and flow to feed their crops. Growers transform a cost, their waste stream, to a profit center while reducing ecological pollution up to 90%. Microfarmers practice abundant agriculture as they produce nutrient-rich food, feed, fertilizer and other forms of energy using primarily plentiful, n-fossil resources that are free or surplus and will t run out - sunshine, CO2 and wastewater.
- Author BiographyMark Edwards, Ph.D. has authored both a business and science best-seller and Green Algae Strategy was awarded the 2009 IPPY Gold Medal for the Best Science Book. Mark serves as professor strategic marketing and sustainability at Arizona State University. His training includes engineering, oceanography and meteorology, U.S. Naval Academy and a MBA and PhD in marketing. Mark invented a series of advanced metrics including 360 Feedback and has worked with senior executives at many of the largest food, transportation and utility and energy firms over the past three decades. Mark serves on several boards of directors for green food and energy firms and writes and speaks on sustainable and affordable food and energy production. He is co-founded www.AlgaeCompetition.com dedicated to open source information on sustainable and affordable food and energy (SAFE) production.
- Author(s)Mark R Edwards
- Date of Publication05/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.