All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionGreek cuisine has a long history the first ever cookbook was written by Ancient Greek poet Archestratos in 320 BC and w Maria Elia brings the traditional flavors and ingredients of Greece into the 21st century with her thoroughly modern take on classic dishes. This is t a book for traditionalists, but adventurers ready to explore exciting new flavor combinations and discover what Greek cuisine has to offer. The 120 recipes are a product of a summer spent cooking and experimenting at her father s tavern in the Troodos mountains of Cyprus. The villagers welcomed her into their homes, taught her new and old recipes, shared produce from their gardens and even tried to teach her Greek! She went shooting with her dad and gathered caper leaves for pickling. The recipes in this book are structured into four sections, Small Plates, Sharing & Fuller Plates, Salads & Side Plates, and Sweet Plates. Most have been designed for sharing and can be mixed and matched to create a modern Greek meal to share among your friends and family, where plates of food are placed on the table for guests to help themselves. From delicious vegetarian dishes such as Carrot Keftedes and Tomato and Runner Bean Baklava to Marinated Lamb with Feta Curd or Zucchini-coated Calamari, and a tempting range of sweet dishes including Watermelon Mahalepi and Greek Yogurt and Apple Cake, Maria s inventive recipes will open your eyes to a whole new world of Greek cooking. Starting with a helpful Greek pantry that includes key ingredients for your Smashing Plates cupboard and including over 100 gorgeous location and food photographs, this book will transport you to the fresh flavors of the Greek islands.
- Author BiographyMaria Elia grew up in the kitchen of her Cypriot father's restaurant in London, and has worked in Italy, America, Australia, and Spain. She was head chef at Delfina and the critically acclaimed Whitechapel Gallery Dining Room, London, and has earned 2 AA rosettes and a Michelin recommendation. Maria is currently overseeing and designing the menu at Jimmy's at The Landing Resort in Lake Tahoe with her eclectic Californian Greek cuisine. She is the author of Modern Vegetarian and Full of Flavor.
- Author(s)Maria Elia
- PublisherKyle Cathie Limited
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKyle Cathie Limited
- Content Note, colour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight894 g
- Width211 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Jenny Zarins
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.