About this product
- DescriptionSmells Like Dog is ather fun, well-written, and funny middle grade vel from Suzanne Selfors. It is the story of Homer Pudding, an ordinary farm boy who dreams of going on grand adventures like his uncle, the famous explorer Drake Pudding,and the dog he inherits when his beloved uncle mysteriously vanishes. Homer doesn't understand why Drake would call a droopy dog with sense of smell 'his most treasured possession' , until he discovers a mysterious coin hidden on Dog's collar. Soon Homer, his sister Gwendolyn, and Dog are off to The City, a dangerous metropolis where they meet the conniving Madame La Directeur, Head of the Natural History Museum. Homer soon realizes that Madame wishes to steal the coin and take Homer's place in a secret society of adventurers kwn as L.O.S.T. Along the way, Dog is stolen, just as Homer learns that Dog has a hidden talent - he can smell treasure. Homer must go deep into the heart of the Museum to defeat Madame, rescue Dog, and take his uncle's place in L.O.S.T.
- Author BiographySuzanne Selfors is the author of To Catch a Mermaid and Fortune's Magic Farm. She lives with her husband on an island in Washington state where they are raising two children, a dog, a cat, and a flock of messy chickens.
- Author(s)Suzanne Selfors
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSmells Like Dog
- Series Part/Volume NumberNumber 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Weight302 g
- Width134 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.