All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionSmithsonian Discover: Flight brings the awe-inspiring experience of the Smithsonian s National Air and Space Museum right into the pages of a book. It's a personal guide to the history and science of flight, and a collaboration with the venerable Smithsonian Institution. This authoritative guide answers all the questions that kids ask (and that parents may t be able to answer), like What makes a plane stay in the air?, What s a sonic boom?, and maybe most importantly, How do astronauts go to the bathroom in space? Arranged into three sections, Balloons in the Air, Machines in the Sky, and Starships in Space, Smithsonian Discover: Flight chronicles the history and evolution of flight in way meant to inspire future aviators and astronauts. This unique title also delivers hands-on activities like you would find at the Smithsonian. Bound right into the book are 12 fact cards on the coolest aircraft, a large double-sided poster, and 9 paper airplanes in three designs (a historic glider, a military jet, and a space shuttle) with easy-to-follow folding instructions. Altogether, Smithsonian Discover: Flight offers kids a chance to take off on a trip to the Smithsonian without ever leaving their seats.
- Author BiographyRuth T. Brown is a writer and editor who specializes in demystifying science for people of all ages. A longtime editor and media manager at the celebrated San Francisco Exploratorium, she has helped create award-winning books, websites, and communications. She lives in Mill Valley, CA.
- Author(s)Ruth Tepper Brown
- PublisherThunder Bay Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSmithsonian Discover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCanterbury Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width224 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Cards and Poster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.