All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRowena Culloden, a young English girl, and her mother are visiting Amsterdam in 1972. Whilst having tea in a small French cafe, they are joined by a mysterious but friendly stranger. Years later, Rowena is studying for her Art Degree and she keeps coming across references which remind her of the stranger. Why was he dressed as if he lived in the 18th century? How could he kw so much about how Rembrandt mixed his oils? Who was this man? Could he really be the French alchemist Count St Germain, named as one of the masters alongside such figures as Christ, Buddha, Apollonius of Tyana, Christian Rosenkreutz, and Francis Bacon? He was said to have been born in the12th century and some people believe he is still alive. Rowena is determined to find out. But what else would she encounter on her journey through the Art, Culture and Magical life of the ageless and dynamic city of Amsterdam? If you liked 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring' and 'The Miniaturist', you will love this!
- Author(s)pauline suett barbieri
- Date of Publication23/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.