Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionHow does an intelligent wild bear manage life in captivity? This is the first vel about the real bear cub who survived a forest fire high in the New Mexican mountains to become the living representative of his namesake, Smokey Bear. Badly burned, alone and forlorn amidst the devastation after the fire, the cub is rescued by Game Warden Ray Bell. Smokey adapts to life in the home of Ray's family in Santa Fe, cavorting with the household puppy and cuddling with the four-year-old daughter. Before the little male bear becomes big eugh to be dangerous, he must leave his human family. He is flown across the country to spend the rest of his long life at Washington's National Zoo. Authentic photographs and apt quotations enhance this heartwarming and bittersweet story, written for adults but with appeal for all ages.
- Author BiographyA Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist and Jungian Analyst, Karen Signell is the author of Wisdom of the Heart (starred review -Booklist) and co-author of Welcome to Florida, Ancient Egyptian Geese.
- Author(s)Karen Signell
- PublisherKaren Signell
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKaren Signell
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight679 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.