All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether gently but firmly lambasting airhead politicians, unrepentant murderers, apostrophe vigilantes, literary poseurs or the purveyors of awful food, Steve Braunias shows his exceptional mastery of the art of column writing. But this winner of over 20 writing awards is also a passionate New Zealander, famous for his tender evocations of the country's heart-tugging landscapes, chequered history, and resilient population. This glittering selection of new writing includes reflections on his life as a journalist, satirist, TV writer, guest speaker and aspiring velist; celebrated columns on watching his young daughter grow up; crime writing; travel writing from Antarctica that won him 2010 Cathay Pacific Travel Writer of the Year; literary takes on best-selling supremo Lee Child and others; and revelations on our history of horrible meals.
- Author BiographySteve Braunias writes a weekly column in The Sunday Star-Times, and his articles are widely syndicated. He has written for many TV comedy series and been awarded a Montana Book Award, fellowships to Oxford and Cambridge universities and the Buddle Findlay Sargeson Fellowship.
- Author(s)Steve Braunias
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2010
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAwa Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.