All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving just finished school, the summer of 2009 presents endless possibilities for 17-year-old goth Jez. Living with her alcoholic mother in a government rental in Canberra's outer-suburbs, with little money or future prospects, her time is spent with emo Lukey trying to conjure quick fixes for their boredom - tatts, piercings, drinking, Xbox, weed and pills. Alienated and intimidated when Lukey becomes sexually involved with the effervescent Melbournite Laura, Jez renews a friendship with her neighbour, Casey, who's working as a stripper and raking the money in. When Casey's bikie punk brother Cash enters the picture, Jez is besotted, though also terrified with good reason. At the same time, Jez's mum hooks up with a local bartender placing a strain on their already fragile relationship. Over the summer, Jez runs a gauntlet of new experiences and discovers she is t quite ready for the world outside her neighbourhood. Filled with humour, brilliant observations and shocking revelations, Snake Bite is a contemporary Puberty Blues.
- Author BiographyChristie Thompson lives in Canberra where she teaches Creative Writing at the Canberra Institute of Technology. She has a Bachelor of Arts (English major) and is in her third year of a PhD at the Australian National University.
- Author(s)Christie Thompson
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight409 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.