All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionSnake River Flies chronicles the rich history of fly pattern development in the Snake River basin from its infancy in the 1930s to contemporary flies of the twentieth-first century. The lineage of fly tiers includes such greats as Marcella Oswald, Bruce Staples, Scott Sanchez, and Ken Burkholder. Special attention is given to invative designs for particular types of water, trout food, and trout species. The 100-plus patterns within this work have been proven producers t only in the Rocky Mountain West, but throughout the world for a variety of game fish.
- Author BiographyBoots Allen is a twenty-two-year senior guide for The Lodge of Palisades Creek and Snake River Angler. Each season he guides 100-plus days on Wyoming's Snake River and Green River, Idaho's South Fork of the Snake River, and in Yellowstone National Park. Boots is a three-time high scoring guide in the annual Jackson Hole One-Fly Contest, a top scoring angler in east Idaho's Bass on the Fly tournaments, an accomplished custom fly tier, and a writer with articles appearing in several regional and national fly fishing magazines. After completing his PhD in Sociology from the University of Texas in 2006, Boots shunned the world of academia and policy work so that he could focus his attention fulltime toward fly fishing. During the off-season, Boots fishes and guides around the world in places like Argentina, Costa Rica, Panama, Mongolia, Russia, Kazakhstan, and British Columbia. He is the author of Snake River Fly Fishing (Amato Publications, 2010) and the forthcoming Snake River Flies (WestWinds Press, 2013) and Modern Fly Fishing for Trout (Lyons Press, 2013).
- Author(s)Boots Allen
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitlePruett
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.