All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy life is about to begin. This is the only thought in Irene's head on the day she marries a handsome Second World War veteran. But Irene is restless and rebellious, dangerously bored by her life as a farmer's wife. As they raise children and crops, watch the sky for rain and dream of other lives, the tension between them builds and builds. Meanwhile, Girlie, their watchful, thoughtful, fish-out-of-water daughter, is hatching escape plans of her own. Kate Jennings's black humour and pared-back prose, at once understated and rich in startling imagery, resonate long after the final unnerving chapter. Set within a parched, uniquely Australian landscape, Snake is a modern classic.
- Author BiographyKate Jennings grew up in Australia and has lived in New York City since 1979. She is the author of a number of volumes of poetry, essays and short stories. Her novels are Snake and Moral Hazard, which won the 2003 NSW Premier's Literary Award for Fiction and the 2004 South Australian Festival Award for Fiction.
- Author(s)Kate Jennings
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Weight155 g
- Width130 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.