All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Sop s musical and spiritual journey to Jamaica, reaching its culmination during the recording of his most recent album and captured in VICE and Sopadelic Films documentary Reincarnated. Immediately following the death of longtime friend and collaborator Nate Dogg, Sop headed to Jamaica to regroup and record his twelfth album. There, he experienced a radical transformation from hip-hop god and legendary leader of the West Coast gang rivalry to Rastafarian spokesperson Sop Lion, embracing n-violence and reggae. This book is an extension of this powerful moment in the life of a pop culture icon captured on film by VICE Global Editor Andy Capper. Includes extended interviews with Bunny Wailer, Louis Farrakhan, Chris Blackwell, Daz Dillinger, Angela Hunte, and conversations between Sop and VICE never-before-seen photographs and untold stories from his personal archives from his early days singing in church to his discovery at sixteen by Dr. Dre and his phemenal life onstage and on tour to his gang involvement, behind-the-scenes stills from insider LA photographer Willie T., the best of Sop from the inimitable VICE archives, and Sop s handwritten tes and nicknames for the characters along the way. It also includes the limited edition vinyl only given to a select few musical insiders before the album s release.
- Author BiographySnoopDogg is an American rapper, songwriter, producer, and actor who has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and has won countless music awards. Ted Chung, is Snoop s manager. Willie T. is an LA-based photographer who began his career fifteen years ago taking photos of his first passion, skateboarding, and has now shot many hip-hop greats.Suroosh Alvi is one of the co-founders of VICE, which began as the first free monthly and is now a global media conglomerate that remains the cutting-edge arbiter of youth culture.
- Author(s)Snoop Lion,Willie T.
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication22/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Out-of-print date11/05/2016
- Content Note250 Colour
- Weight1052 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.