All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Florida Reef is kwn for its brilliant corals as much as it is for sunken pirate treasure. From Carysfort Reef to Indian Key to Dry Tortugas National Park, the Florida Keys provide many excellent and diverse srkelling opportunities. Srkeling the Florida Keys dives into more than forty sites, including reefs, wrecks, and beaches. The third largest barrier reef system in the world runs along the east side of the Florida Keys and is fed by the nutrient-rich waters of the Gulf Stream, which support the abundant growth of bright-hued corals. These warm waters are also home to spectacular animal life. From seahorses to manatees, nature's most intriguing wonders can be found right around an outcropping of coral or grazing in algae. While today these reefs are a playground for srkelers, fishermen, and divers, these waters were once feared by sailors. The corals lurking just beneath the surface were ship killers, stony daggers capable of carving up a wooden hull. Today those sunken ships provide stunning backdrops for srkelling exploits. Brad Bertelli takes the guesswork out of navigating and exploring the Florida Reef. He provides practical travel advice and GPS coordinates to easily access each site, as well as useful information such as water depth, key features, table shipwrecks, and other engrossing historical facts. Srkeling the Florida Keys is a great read and a useful guide for divers seeking adventure. It is also suited for armchair travellers, who, without setting a fin in the water, can enjoy the conquests and mishaps of the larger-than-life historical figures who sailed the great Florida Reef.
- Author BiographyBrad Bertelli , a freelance writer living in the Florida Keys, is the author of Snorkeling Florida: 50 Excellent Sites.
- Author(s)Brad Bertelli
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.