All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionLook inside this world and find wonder. --KATE BERNHEIMER, editor of My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me and author of The Girl Who Wouldn't Brush Her Hair A book arrives by Owl, left under an old fir tree in the sw. With it, a mysterious message: ather world's scientists have discovered the laws of the universe are found in--fairy tales. Is it true? Stty--the unlikely hero of this tale--is a streetwise adolescent mastermind transported to a mystical realm where the fate of the world rests on discovering who he really is. As Stty's perceptions of might and right are upended, the scholarly foottes point toward a deeper truth--that in the endless fight against evil, the toughest warriors come from the most despised group of all: the smallest, the poorest, the funniest, the sttiest. A fantastic adventure story, smart political allegory, and philosophical treatise, this is a book to be savored by adults of all ages. The History of Arcadia series tells the story of a world that was literally formed by a story, by one person discovering and claiming who she really is ...and of the subsequent events that led first to a deceptively happy world, then to an inevitably tragic outcome, and finally to a slow rebuilding of the world on foundations more deeply and thoughtfully laid. Each book includes bonus Arcadian legends and fairy tales, and relates how the manuscript crossed the barriers between Arcadia and our own world to arrive at Exterminating Angel Press. The first two vels in the series are Stty Saves the Day and Lily the Silent. Tod Davies lives with her husband and her two dogs at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, in Boulder, Colorado and in the alpine valley of Colestin, Oregon, where she discovered Stty Saves the Day, the first Arcadian manuscript. Illustrator Gary Zaboly is the author and illustrator of The Barack Obama Coloring Book (Dover Publications) and many books on American military and frontier history. He lives with his wife Cora in Riverdale, New York, overlooking the Hudson River.
- Author BiographyTod Davies is the author of Snotty Saves the Day and Lily the Silent, both from The History of Arcadia series, and the cooking memoirs Jam Today: A Diary of Cooking With What You've Got and Jam Today Too: The Revolution Will Not Be Catered. Unsurprisingly, her attitude toward literature is the same as her attitude toward cooking--it's all about working with what you have to find new ways of looking and new ways of being, and in doing so, to rediscover the best of our humanity. Davies lives with her husband and their two dogs, in the alpine valley of Colestin, Oregon, and at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Todd Davies
- PublisherExterminating Angel Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe History of Arcadia
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationOR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintExterminating Angel Press
- Content Note7 B&W illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gary S. Zaboly
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.