All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping and startlingly frank vel of life on a cattle ranch set on the Colorado-Wyoming border during the 1890s. The principle characters are Kelsey Cameron, his wife, Prim Munro, the ranch foreman, and the foreman s wife. The vel s high point centers on a storm-beaten cattle drive over a mountain barrier to get the cattle to feed and their survival, which exposes the core relationships among the characters whom the reader has come to care about deeply.
- Author BiographyPeggy Simson Curry is the author of four novels, a textbook on creative writing, two books of poetry, and numerous articles and short stories, two of which won Western Writers of America Gold Spur Awards for best short fiction of the year. She was inducted into the Western Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1997. Born in Scotland and raised on a mountain ranch in Colorado, she spent her adult life in Wyoming where she was named the state s first Poet Laureate in 1980. She was Wyoming Bicentennial Commission Chairman in 1976 and chosen as Wyoming Citizen of the Century in the fine arts category in 1999. A frequent lecturer at writers conferences, she taught creative writing for more than twenty years at Casper College.
- Author(s)Peggy Simson Curry
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Series TitlePruett
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Weight408 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.