All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe only pressure cooker cookbook--for electric and stovetop pressure cookers--you'll ever need!What's t to love about the pressure cooker? Using pressure created by super-heated steam, the pressure cooker can cut cook times by 70 percent, meaning dinner is on the table faster, and with significantly less energy use. Your dinner will be more nutrient-rich because vitamins and other good things won't be lost in evaporating steam. And it will taste delicious and succulent because ne of the food's moisture has been allowed to escape. Finally, today's modern pressure cooker has been re-engineered for safety and ease of use, including the development of the electric pressure cooker.Because moisture evaporates during cooking, conventional stovetop recipes do t work in the pressure cooker. For success, the pressure cooker requires different food to liquid ratios and because of that superheated pressure, cook times are very precise. With this comprehensive guide, the busy cook can use fresh ingredients to create more than 700 tasty recipes developed for and scrupulously tested and retested for the pressure cooker. Chapters on Poultry, Pork, Beef & Veal, Lamb & Game, and Seafood include Zinfandel-braised short ribs that cook in just 30 minutes, herb-stuffed whole turkey breast and braised lamb shanks ready in 25 minutes, and baby back ribs that pressure-cook in just 15 minutes. Individual chapters on grains, beans, rice dishes (including risotto and breakfast rice), potatoes, chili, and tomato sauces (with and without meat), as well as on soups, vegetables, desserts, making your own baby food, and much more. An introductory chapter explains the ins and outs of the pressure cooker, with valuable tips and advice. The authors also include recipes for lots of basics, such as how to cook different types of rice and varieties of dried beans.
- Author BiographyBeth Hensperger is the author (with Julie Kaufmann) of the bestselling Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook, as well as other top-selling appliance cookbooks, including The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook and The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook (co-authored with Julie Kaufmann), now in its second edition. Beth is also an expert baker and has written for Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, Every Day with Rachael Ray, and other online and national magazines. Julie Kaufmann spent her first career in journalism, including nine wonderful years as an editor on the award-winning Food & Wine section of the San Jose Mercury News. She is co-author with Beth Hensperger of The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook, Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook, and Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining.
- Author(s)Beth Hensperger,Julie Kaufmann
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Weight1406 g
- Width201 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.