Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 28 Feb
- AU $28.00+ AU $9.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by mr-pickwick
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this lively, fascinating account of the publication of Shakespeares Sonnets, ted biographer Clinton Heylin brings their convoluted history to light, beginning with the first complete appearance of the Sonnets in print in May, 1609. He introduces us to the unholy alliance involved in this precarious enterprise: Thomas Thorpe, the publisher, a self-described well wishing adventurer; George Eld, the printer, heavily embroiled in large-scale pirating; William Aspley, the prestigious bookseller, who mysteriously ended his association with Thorpe soon after. Leaving the calamitous world of Elizabethan publishing, Heylin goes on to chart the many editions of the Sonnets through the years and the editorial decisions that led to their present configuration. Passionate, astute, and brilliantly entertaining, the result is a concise and vivid history of perhaps the greatest poetry ever written.
- Author BiographyClinton Heylin is the author of many books, including Behind the Shades, widely regarded as the definitive biography of Bob Dylan. He lives in Somerset, England.
- Author(s)Clinton Heylin
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication05/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content NoteH
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.