All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo this is permanence, edited by Jon Savage with a foreword by Deborah Curtis, presents the intensely personal writings of one of the most enigmatic and influential songwriters and performers of the late twentieth century, Joy Division's Ian Curtis. The songs of Joy Division, infused with the energy of punk but steeped in a resigned longing, were born of Manchester in the late seventies - a once flourishing industrial city in decline. They were the songs too of Ian Curtis' inner tragedies, as he battled depression, epilepsy and debilitating stage fright. Ian Curtis committed suicide in 1980, on the eve of the band's first American tour. Interspersed with the lyrics are previously unpublished facsimile pages of Ian's tebooks, which throw his highly emotive lyrics into fascinating relief and cast light on the creative process of this singularly poetic songwriter.
- Author BiographyIan Curtis was born in Stretford, Lancashire, and grew up in Macclesfield. Joy Division released two seminal post-punk albums: Unknown Pleasures (1979) and the posthumous Closer (1980). Jon Savage is the author of England's Dreaming, Teenage and The England's Dreaming Tapes.
- Author(s)Ian Curtis
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight1102 g
- Width204 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJon Savage
- Introduction byDeborah Curtis
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.