Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaperback edition of the most ambitious work to date by the writer that many w consider to be North Africa's most important literary voice. It tells the story of a modern, educated algerian woman, raised in the years of colonial oppression and the Algerian War. Tragedy and history are its subjects and particularly the condition of women in Islam. 'In this fiercely intelligent, intricate vel set in a tragic, bewitching Algeria, the tales Djebar unearths are richly detailed and gracefully told, a moving history of exile' - Publishers Weekly
- Author BiographyWith her Berber and Muslim roots, her accomplishments as an Arab woman at the highest echelons of Western society in France and America, and her relentless output as a novelist and filmmaker, ASSIA DJEBAR speaks for the women, the poor, victims of both terrorism and the War on Terror that began in Algeria forty years before it arrived on US soil, and provides a much needed alternative voice to the litanies of the experts. Djebar won the Neustadt Prize in 1996, Germany's Peace Prize in 2000, and in 2005 became the first Arab woman elected to the Academie Francaise. She is Silver Professor of Francophone Literature and Civilization at NYU. Djebar lives in Paris and New York.
- Author(s)Assia Djebar
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/09/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.