All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes pupils through all the major syntactical constructions in a thorough, systematic way with clear explanations and suitable passages for translation. The book concludes with an invaluable introduction to the complexities of Latin scansion. A comprehensive handbook for pupils sitting Common Entrance scholarship exams at 13+ or those preparing for GCSE, this book was highly recommended by John Clare in The Daily Telegraph, and the Headmaster of Winchester reviewing it for ISIS magazine, concluded Whether you like Oulton's sense of humour or t, the fact is that he has done Latin teaching a great service by producing such a comprehensive, clear and rigorous course. - Together with Books I and II provides a complete course for Common Academic Scholarship and GCSE level Latin - Strong grammatical approach will help pupils build the key skills required by advanced Latinists - Clear explanation is followed by plenty of practice exercises to ensure pupils become skilled and confident users of Latin
- Author BiographyNicholas Oulton was educated at Charterhouse and Oriel College, Oxford. He is passionate about Latin, as is his dog, Herodotus, who ate the first two drafts of this book.
- Author(s)N. R. R. Oulton
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication05/11/1999
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationTenterden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGalore Park Publishing Ltd
- Content Note2M.12ill.
- Weight396 g
- Width159 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ian Douglass
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.41Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $23.75Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.