All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo you want to be a doctor? is an Australian first. Written specifically for young people who are considering embarking on a medical degree - whether straight out of school or as a postgraduate qualification, as well as those already enrolled, this essential guide covers: - what to expect as a qualified doctor in Australia today; - life as a student, from the application, selection and interview process, to the pressures of study, and advice on managing stress; - an overview of the 18 medical schools in Australia, the similarities and differences and particular focus or strengths at each; - the Australian health care system and career paths for medical graduates. The book describes the attributes that the Australian community desires in its doctors, the prerequisites for entry into medical school, the nature of the various medical courses, and the expectations placed upon medical students. It includes advice about study methods, financial support and balancing study with part-time work and a social life, as well as information that is relevant to specific groups such as students from overseas, students with a disability, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Author(s)Kerry J. Breen
- PublisherAustralian Council Educational Research (ACER)
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleSo you want to be...
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Council Educational Research (ACER)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- nathan039407 Apr, 2012by
Very informative book, great value for money.
This book is very informative and useful for a prospective student of Medicine. It provides a highly in-depth analysis of what it is truly like to be a medical student,alongside the demands and stresses associated with being a doctor in Australia. It also has well researched list of all the Universities in Australia which offer Medicine and their own individual expectations of a medical student, overall a very well researched and written book.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26