All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom front-and-center careers like professional dancer and choreographer to the lesser-kwn professions of technical director and costume designer, So, You Want to Be a Dancer?reveals a vast expanse of dance-related job possibilities that are as exciting as they are rewarding. In addition to tips and interviews from many different dance industry professionals, So, You Want to Be a Dancer?includes inspiring stories from young people who are in the industry right w, as well as activities, a glossary, and resources to help you on your way to a successful career in dance.
- Author BiographyLaurel van der Linde's first career was as a ballet dancer. Trading her pointe shoes for character pumps, she segued into Broadway musical theater, dancing in A Chorus Line, Annie, My Fair Lady, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. She also worked with legendary choreographers Gower Champion and Michael Kidd. Moving behind the scenes, van der Linde began her work in sound as a director/producer of audiobooks, working for such publishing houses as Hachette, BBC AA, Brilliance Audion, and Full Cast Audio, and she is the director of the voiceover school at the Famous Radio Ranch in Los Angeles. She is also an instructor of creative writing for children at UCLA and has published four books for kids. She has two sons, Gower and Gavin, and breeds and trains Arabian horses on her ranch in Valencia, California.
- Author(s)Laurel Van Der Linde
- PublisherBeyond Words Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBe What You Want
- Place of PublicationHillsboro, Oregon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeyond Words Publishing
- Weight181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.