All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in clear and concise chapters, this book guides the would-be playwright over the many hurdles that must be cleared from finding a 'story that only you kw' through the scene-by-scene construction of the play and on to the many strategies that can help to get it on stage. The author raises - and provides answers to - over fifty topics ranging from 'Should you kw which theatre you are writing for?' to 'What if you get stuck?' and on to 'Where do you send your script?' The final section deals with actual performance: casting, working with directors, designers and actors, rehearsals and previews. Also included is a directory of theatres and contacts.
- Author BiographyTim Fountain both teaches playwriting and is a playwright himself - his Resident Alien and Julie Burchill is Away are published by NHB - as well as having been literary manager at the Bush Theatre, London, where he encountered hundreds of hopeful plays and playwrights.
- Author(s)Tim Fountain
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight186 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.