All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on his own experiences as a producer of theatre productions at every level - from university, via the fringe, to the West End - James Seabright takes the rookie producer through every stage of the process: the development of an idea, raising the money and budgeting, negotiating rights, hiring a director and production team, marketing the show, rehearsals and on to opening night. Ideal for prospective and vice producers, or for anyone who's had a dream of getting a show on, this essential guide by an industry insider reveals everything you need to kw to negotiate the right venue for the right price, who to approach when money's looking tight, and what to do if you get a bad review. The book also features a comprehensive appendix with sample contracts and letters of agreement, lists of key press contacts, rehearsal spaces and a sample marketing pack.
- Author BiographyJames Seabright has produced and/or general managed a wide range of shows, with an emphasis on touring shows around the UK and internationally, as well as productions in various venues both on and off West End in London. He was named in 2008's Stage 100 list of leading figures involved with the Edinburgh fringe, and 2010's Stage 100 list of the most influential people in British theatre.
- Author(s)James Seabright
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.