All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Mom tells Logan that Java is joining his soccer team, the Purple Wombats, he's t thrilled. It's a lot of work teaching his new robot cousin how to act like a human--and keeping him out of trouble--and Logan needs a break. Still, being programmed for success means that Java's also great at scoring. He might just turn the Wombats into a championship team, beating Sherry and Jerry Silverspoon and their Red Polar Bears ...if he'd just let the other kids play, too. After being replaced as the Wombats' MVP, Logan's had eugh. But when Java gets wet and goes on the fritz, can the whole team--even a short-circuiting Java--come together to score the winning goal? The second in a fantastically funny new chapter book series by internationally bestselling author Nancy Krulik and her daughter, Amanda Burwasser, Soccer Shocker is destined to win tons of fans. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyNancy Krulik is the author of more than two hundred books for children and young adults including three New York Times bestsellers and the popular Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, George Brown, Class Clown, and Magic Bone series. She lives with her husband and crazy beagle mix in New York, New York. Amanda Elizabeth Burwasser holds a BFA with honors in Creative Writing from Pratt Institute in New York City. Her senior thesis, a screenplay entitled Born to Me, earned her the coveted Pratt Circle Award upon graduation. This former native New Yorker is now a preschool teacher, residing in Santa Cruz, California. Mike Moran is a dad, husband and illustrator. He has worked for really fun clients and his illustrations can be seen in children s books, animation, magazines, games, World Series programs, and more. He often dreams of playing first base for the New York Mets, being a songwriter in Nashville or the 5th Beatle. He lives in Florham Park, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Amanda Burwasser,Nancy Krulik
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleProject Droid
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight242 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Moran
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.