All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealthcare, social welfare and housing policy agendas, while emphasising the importance of supporting the independent living of older people at home, have generally failed to take account of the actual or potential role played by social alarms and telecare. This book draws on research and practice throughout the developed world. It documents the emergence of these important techlogies and considers their potential in the contexts of healthcare, social welfare and housing. The book is of immense importance to policy makers and practitioners in healthcare, social welfare and housing. It signals the potential, the challenges and the threats associated with such techlogies. As such it must be compulsory reading for every current or potential service provider.
- Author BiographyMalcolm J. Fisk is a social scientist with expertise on the support needs of older people. He has worked in senior positions within UK housing and social services authorities, the electronics industry and at Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Wales. Currently he is Managing Director of Insight Social Research Ltd.
- Author(s)Malcolm J. Fisk
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note6ill.3figs.12tabs.
- Weight460 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.