All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, readers will discover a developmental view of social functioning in children at different stages. Chapters are based in transactional theory in that the environment plays a role in the development of social competence skills as well as the biological contributions the child brings to his/her experiences. The familial and school contributions to social understanding are discussed in this volume.
- Author BiographyMargaret Semrud-Clikeman, Ph.D., received her doctorate from the University of Georgia in 1990. She completed and internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical school and received a post-doctoral neuroscience fellowship at MGH from NIH to study neuropsychological and brain morphology in children with ADHD. Her dissertation was awarded the Outstanding Dissertation of the Year Award from the Orton Dyslexia Society. She has authored four books and numerous articles and continues her research interests in the areas of ADHD and brain morphology using 3-dimensional MRI scans. She is currently working on research in ADHD, 18q- syndrome, and nonverbal learning disabilities. With Dr. Plizska at UTHSCSA, Margaret was awarded a NIH grant to study the effects of stimulant medication on neuropsychological functioning. Dr. Semrud-Clikeman and her students have developed a social competence intervention that has been successfully piloted at UT. Dr. Semrud-Clikeman was recently awarded the 1999 Early Career Contributions award from the National Academy of Neuropsychology. She has published more than 30 articles, 40 chapters and three books. Dr. Semrud-Clikeman is currently a professor at Michigan State University with a joint appointment in Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Author(s)Margaret Semrud-Clikeman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight596 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.