All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Social Construction: A Reader is a superb selection of classic and contemporary readings representing the major viewpoints central to social constructionism' Journal of Community and Applied Psychology Social Construction: A Reader is a collection of classic and contemporary articles, representing the major viewpoints central to social constructionism. It provides the reader with an overview of the key empirical research ideas and papers written by an outstanding collection of international authors in each of the substantive areas of the field, including philosophical, social science, ethgraphy, cultural studies and feminist thought. These readings are bought together in one accessible volume and are organized thematically with editorial commentaries to provide an intellectual context and aid student learning. The Reader is comprised of seven parts: - The Social Construction of the Real and the Good - Constructing the Person: Culture and Critique - Horizons of Inquiry - The Relational Reconstruction of the Self - Profusions of Practice - Cultural Analysis - Constructionism in Question Social Construction: A Reader will be essential reading for students across the social sciences. It will be an invaluable resource, both used indepently and as complimentary to Kenneth J Gergen's seminal text, An Invitation to Social Construction, also published by SAGE Publications.
- Author BiographyDr. Gergen is Professor Emerita at Penn State University, Brandywine, in the Philadelphia area. She has taught courses in many subfields in psychology and in Women's Studies. Her major academic focus has been on social constructionist theory and feminism. Currently she is an officer in the Taos Institute, a non-profit educational organization. She also advises Ph.D. students in applied social science fields. Her work has taken her to many countries around the glove, most recently Nanjing, China. Recent collaborators include Kenneth J. Gergen and Ellen Cole. Kenneth J. Gergen is a Senior Research Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and President of the Taos Institute. He has been the recipient of many awards throughout the world. His major works include Realities and Relationships: Soundings in Social Construction; The Saturated Self: Dilemmas of Identity in Contemporary Life; and Relational Being: Beyond Self and Community.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/02/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKenneth J. Gergen,Mary Gergen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.