All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals primarily with social costs of transformation to a market ecomy in Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary. The transformation provisions have negatively affected the well-being of the population. They brought about unemployment, a phemen which did t exist in the previous, communist system, increased income inequities, reduced social programmes and expanded poverty. All these phemena are examined in this book. In addition, the book discusses the strategy of transformation, privatisation and the ecomic performance of the three countries.
- Author BiographyJan Adam is Professor Emeritus of Economics at the University of Calgary.
- Author(s)Jan Adam
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/08/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.