All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeading British, American and European philosophers contribute to this collection of essays, first published in 1976, in political philosophy. They are essays which have to do in different ways with better societies than the ones we have, and with ways of getting them. They exemplify what can fairly be called real political philosophy. Its past makers have been Plato, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Hegel, Mill and Marx, and it consists in advocacy of certain social ends and of certain means, rather than uncommitted inquiry or comment. The advocacy is of a kind, of course, which depends on analysis and argument. The book will be of interest t only to those who are primarily concerned with philosophy, but students of politics as well.
- Author(s)Prof. Ted Honderich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge Revivals
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.