All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the emerging lens of social enterprise, this book examines how the global construction industry can engage more effectively with the communities in which it builds, addressing disadvantage and environmental degradation to leave a positive legacy for future generations. Combining insights from leading research and real-life case studies of social enterprise in the construction sector, the result is a practical framework which will help social enterprises, clients, consultants and construction firms work collectively to build a thriving social enterprise sector. Readers of this timely book will learn to embrace social enterprise and an important new sector in the global construction industry. They will learn to see community involvement as an opportunity rather than a risk, and fully understand the broader role they can play in building a fairer and more sustainable society.
- Author BiographyMartin Loosemore is a Professor of Construction Management at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. He has published numerous articles and books in the areas of corporate social responsibility, risk management, innovation and human resource management. Dave Higgon has over 35 years' experience in the building and construction industry. His broad experience covers management of workplace health and safety, industrial relations and staff training and development. His background includes time spent as a union organizer, tradesman, building industry subcontractor, university lecturer and currently as employee relations manager for Brookfield Multiplex.
- Author(s)Dave Higgon,Martin Loosemore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.