Social Entrepreneurship: What Everyone Needs to Know by David Bornstein, Susan Davis (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn development circles, there is w widespread consensus that social entrepreneurs represent a far better mechanism to respond to needs than we have ever had before-a decentralized and emergent force that remains our best hope for solutions that can keep pace with our problems and create a more peaceful world. David Bornstein's previous book on social entrepreneurship, How to Change the World, was hailed by Nicholas Kristof in The New York Times as a bible in the field and published in more than twenty countries. Now, Bornstein shifts the focus from the profiles of successful social invators in that book-and teams with Susan Davis, a founding board member of the Grameen Foundation-to offer the first general overview of social entrepreneurship. In a Q & A format allowing readers to go directly to the information they need, the authors map out social entrepreneurship in its broadest terms as well as in its particulars. Bornstein and Davis explain what social entrepreneurs are, how their organizations function, and what challenges they face. The book will give readers an understanding of what differentiates social entrepreneurship from standard business ventures and how it differs from traditional grant-based n-profit work. Unlike the typical top-down, model-based approach to solving problems employed by the World Bank and other large institutions, social entrepreneurs work through a process of iterative learning-learning by doing-working with communities to find unique, local solutions to unique, local problems. Most importantly, the book shows readers exactly how they can get involved. Anyone inspired by Barack Obama's call to service and who wants to learn more about the essential features and ermous promise of this new method of social change, Social Entrepreneurship is the ideal first place to look.
- Author BiographyDavid Bornstein is a journalist who specializes in writing about social innovation. He is the author of Price of a Dream and How to Change the World. His articles have appeared in the Atlantic Monthly and the New York Times, and he co-wrote the PBS documentary To Our Credit. He lives in New York City. Susan Davis is a thought leader in international development and civil society innovation. She is a founder and current President & CEO of BRAC USA, a newly created organization to support BRAC's global expansion to Africa and other countries in Asia. In addition she was a founding board member and Chair of the Grameen Foundation and current board member. She also serves on the international board committee that selects Ashoka Fellows.
- Author(s)David Bornstein,Susan Davis
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleWhat Everyone Needs to Know
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.