All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionResearch Paper from the year 2011 in the subject Social Pedagogy / Social Work, grade: A-, course: M.PHIL, language: English, abstract: Different people look on the subject disability in many ways. The Person with Disability (PWD) are consider as an object of pity, sympathy, isolated or rejected in the family and in society on large. People maintain a social distance and treat disables as outsiders. The development of disabled individuals depends on their personality and the way society treats and motivates them. This will be determined by the attitude towards his/her own disability, towards other disabled people and other members of the society as well as the attitude of the society towards him/her. Here the researchers going to discuss what is disability, attitude, and social exclusion level they face. Locomotor disabled are facing a lot of problems in our society. They face problems in their social, ecomic, and marital life. In this society of majority there is scope for the excluded or the one who are unable to do the expected roles because of their inability. Though government has made some special provisions in the form of reservation and welfare programs for the upliftment of these people, still the condition of these people is way better; they have to do a lot of struggle for mere survival. In this study an attempt has been made to kw the hardships of the locomotor disabled people in the society, and the challenges they are facing in their day to day life. Few studies have been conducted regarding the problems of locomotor disabled persons, but there is such study done by any academician or any NGO which assess the attitude of these persons towards society and vice verse. In this direction it will be a path breaking research which will help us to measure intensity of the pain, helplessness and exclusion in their social life.
- Author BiographyMiss REEBA MARIYAM CHERIAN holds MSW, M.PHIL and UGC NET. She has five years of professional experience as a social worker and currently working as a Family Counselor in Huda Trust Hospital, Family Counseling Centre, Haripad, Kerala.Earlier she was working as Office Administrator at Vision In Social Arena, Mira Road, Mumbai. The interested areas of her research are- Disability studies, study of street children, Transgender studies, social exclusion etc. UMER JAN SOFI has an M.A and M.Phil in Sociology and is currently pursuing his Phd. He is also engaged as a Research Associate in an ICSSR project in School of Social Work, IGNOU, New Delhi. He has been awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by University Grants Commission, New Delhi (in 2013) for conducting research. He has also been provided a doctoral fellowship by IGNOU, New Delhi in 2012, for pursuing Phd. He is actively engaged in Research and has got widly published on various issues in different Journals. His interested areas of research are- Social exclusion of Marginalised sections, Gender studies, Developmental studies, Tribal studies, Socialchange etc.
- Author(s)Reeba Mariyam Cherian,Umer Jan Sofi
- PublisherGrin Verlag
- Date of Publication14/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrin Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.