All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores social factors that influence well-being, as well as the relationship between these factors. It examines individual areas of social policy from the perspective of children's well-being, gender equity, and the impact of crime and social capital. The book discusses the relationships of well-being with the provision of public services, with developing a sense of community, and dimensions of happiness in nations. Bringing together perspectives from around the globe, the book provides both theoretical and applied explorations. It links the idea of influencing social factors and outcomes to community well-being, thus adding a new perspective. In doing so, it reflects the new and exciting research that is being conducted at the intersection between social factors, policy, impacts, and community well-being.
- Author BiographyYoungwha Kee is a professor of the Department of Lifelong Education at Soongsil 156 University and the president of the National Institute of Lifelong Education. She 157 currently serves as the director of the Korea Institute of Local Development 158 Education. Previously, Dr. Kee was president of the Association of Adult and 159 Continuing Education of Korea and researcher of Korea Association for Commu- 160 nity Education. She has served on several advisory committees in relation to 161 educational policies and has been deeply involved with community education 162 among multicultural families and education for the disadvantaged. She serves on 163 the editorial board of the International Journal of Continuing Education and Life- 164 long Learning (Hong Kong) ) and the Lifelong Education Magazine (Taiwan). Her research interests include older adult learning, community education, civic education, and community development. Seung Jong Lee is a professor at the Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University and president of the Korea Research Institute for Local Administration. Previously, he served as the president of the Korean Association for Public Administration and chief editor of several academic journals in related fields. He has frequently advised local and national governments through such positions as chairman of the Local Government Administration Joint Evaluation Committee, vice chairman of the Presidential Committee on Local District Reorganization Plans, and member of the presidential transition committee. Rhonda Phillips is a Professor in the Agricultural Economics Department and Dean of Purdue University's Honors College. Rhonda's honors include serving as a Fulbright UK Ulster Policy Fellow in Northern Ireland at the University of Ulster, and a Senior Specialist to Panama. She is author or editor of eighteen books, including Introduction to Community Development and Community Development Indicators Measuring Systems. She is editor for the Community Quality of Life and Well-Being series with Springer.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight191 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byRhonda Phillips,Youngwha Kee
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.