All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Finance is a rapidly advancing area of practice, policy and research, with a lot of unanswered questions. What does it amount to? What is it to be 'social' in finance? How do you value assets that offer a social as well as a financial return? This book provides a collection of authoritative essays on these and related topics. The essays embrace the different manifestations of social finance, collate existing research, set out the controversies, offer theoretical insights, and advances, and draw together the ideas of the leading thinkers in the field. Contributors to this volume are leading exponents and practitioners of social finance and leading academics from the main relevant disciplines and fields of study. This book is the first serious and comprehensive treatment of social finance and as such, will be of interest to academics with research and teaching interests in finance, social enterprise/entrepreneurship, public policy, business ecomics and international development to name a few. If you want to understand and join in the academic and policy debates, or if you are working in one part of this field and want to understand how the landscape is being rapidly re-shaped, then this is an essential guidebook.
- Author BiographyDr Alex Nicholls MBA is Professor of Social Entrepreneurship at the University of Oxford. His research interests range across social entrepreneurship and social innovation, including: the nexus of relationships between accounting, accountability, and governance; public and social policy contexts; social investment; and Fair Trade. He has published more than sixty papers, chapters and articles and four books. His co-authored book on Fair Trade (Sage, 2005) and edited collection of papers on social entrepreneurship (Oxford University Press, 2006, 2008) are the best-selling and most cited academic books on their subjects globally. He is the Editor of the Journal of Social Entrepreneurship. Prior to his academic career, Nicholls held senior management positions at the John Lewis Partnership, the largest mutual retailer in Europe. He also a non-Executive Director for a major Fair Trade company. Rob Paton is Professor of Social Enterprise at the UK Open University. As a teacher, he pioneered the use of new learning technologies for work-based learning in management, leadership and professional development. He was among the founding faculty of the OU Business School, and went on to lead major curriculum development exercises as well as research on new modes of learning. As a researcher, he has explored how value-based organizations can sustain both their social commitments and effective, enterprising forms of management and organization. He has served as chair of the Trustees of the Scott Bader Commonwealth, and secretary of ARNOVA. He is Chair of the board of Still Green CIC, and of the Milton Keynes chapter of Citizens UK. Originator of the concept of Blended Value, Jed Emerson has played founder roles with some of the nation's leading impact investing, venture philanthropy, community venture capital and social enterprises. He is senior advisor to 4 family offices with over $1.4bb in total assets and executing 100% impact/sustainable investment strategies. Emerson is co-author of the first book on impact investing, and winner of the 2012 Nautilus Gold Book Award for Impact Investing: Transforming How We Make Money While Making a Difference. He is otherwise widely published and has given presentations at The World Economic Forum (Davos, Switzerland), The Clinton Global Initiative (New York City), The Skoll World Forum (Oxford, England). He is Chief Impact Strategist for ImpactAssets, a nonprofit financial services firm. He is Senior Fellow at the Center for Social Investment, Heidelberg University and has held faculty appointments with Harvard, Stanford and Oxford business schools.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1166 g
- Width175 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byAlex Nicholls,Jed Emerson,Rob Paton
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.