All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe healthy and successful transition to later life can be a difficult experience. This book will discuss the historical, cultural, and social psychological factors that shape the quality of life of older women and men. A central premise of the book is that where we live is vital to how we age. Thus, the book has a look at stories of older women and men who are from different cultural backgrounds.
- Author BiographyJasmin Tahmaseb McConatha is a developmental and cultural psychologist who has devoted fifteen years of her professional life to the study of the health and well-being of older adults. The recipient of several research grants, Jasmin has written numerous articles and book chapters and one book on aging. Karin Volkwein-Caplan is a professor of Kinesiology; she has been actively engaged in sociological and philosophical research on the benefits of physical activity for 15 years. She has published numerous articles and several books on the topic of health, fitness, and culture.
- Author(s)Jasmin Tahmaseb McConatha,Karin Volkwein-Caplan
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight408 g
- Width146 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.