All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines how techlogy and online media shape social interaction. Social Interaction and Techlogy explores how techlogy mediates social interaction. The focal point of analysis and discussion is online communication. Using conversation analysis and ethmethodology, the book identifies and explicates key social and interactional issues in voice-based and text-based chat rooms, emails, social networking websites, and mobile telephony. Facebook, Youtube, FaceTime and other popular forms of communication are also discussed. Divided into three sections - survey, analysis, application - this is an ideal resource for postgraduate students of computer-mediated communication (CMC) or applied linguistics. It examines popular forms of online communication from a conversation analytic and ethmethodological perspective. It provides transcript-based analyses and discussions of popular forms of online communication. It offers in-depth commentaries of data extracts and provides suggestions for further research. It discusses the practical implications and applications of studying online communication.
- Author BiographyChristopher Jenks is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics, City University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Christopher Jenks
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Social Interaction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.