All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $68.72Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, an adaptation of Nancy R. Lee and Philip Kotler's highly successful book Social Marketing: Influencing Behaviors for Good, 4th Edition, is structured around the ten-step marketing planning process that trains and encourages those in positions responsible for influencing public behaviors to undertake a systematic and comprehensive approach to behaviour change rather than jumping to the stage of producing just ads or distributing condoms. The book will convince readers when employing social marketing, it takes more than this. The book illustrates the planning process, importance of research, and related concepts through numerous examples that are of high quality and diverse contexts. It is one of the first books to bring together excellent social marketing thoughts related to the Indian situation at one place. Through these discussions, the book proposes new ways to address old problems related to public health, injury prevention, environment protection, community harmony, and financial well-being. In a nutshell, if you want to learn how to fix India's problems, this book is for you.
- Author BiographySameer Deshpande, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Marketing in the Faculty of Management and a member of the Center for Socially Responsible Marketing at the University of Lethbridge, Canada. Sameer grew up and completed his initial schooling in Mumbai. He completed his undergraduate in R.A. Podar College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai, and Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Communications Management at the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. After working for a couple of years in Trikaya Grey advertising as a media planner for various brands including Pantene shampoo and Old Spice aftershave of Procter & Gamble, he moved to the United States to complete his M.A. and Ph.D. in communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. During his Wisconsin days he was exposed to the world of social marketing thanks primarily to the guidance offered by the marketing professor, Michael Rothschild. Over past 15 years Sameer has worked on numerous social marketing research projects. These have included understanding application of marketing principles to promote a variety of behaviors including responsible alcohol use among college students, alternative rides to reduce driving after drinking among young adult men, alcohol abstinence among pregnant women, hand hygiene among health-care workers, and condom use among men of reproductive age. In addition to conducting research and publishing its findings in academic journals, Sameer has also conducted training programs and offered consultancy on social marketing topics to nonprofit, government, and corporate sector in India, Canada, Australia, United States, and United Kingdom. Please contact him with your thoughts on the book at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Nancy R. Lee, MBA, is president of Social Marketing Services, Inc., in Seattle, Washington, and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Washington, where she teaches social marketing and marketing in the public sector. With more than 25 years of practical marketing experience in the public and private sectors, Ms. Lee has held numerous corporate marketing positions, including vice president and director of marketing for Washington's second-largest bank and director of marketing for the region's Children's Hospital and Medical Center. She conducts seminars and workshops on social marketing around the world, and has been a strategic adviser for behavior change campaigns in the areas of health, safety, the environment, and financial well-being. She has been a keynote speaker on social marketing at conferences for improved water quality, energy conservation, family planning, nutrition, recycling, teen pregnancy prevention, influencing financial behaviors, and tobacco control. She has coauthored ten books with Philip Kotler.
- Author(s)Nancy R. Lee,Sameer Deshpande
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight680 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.