All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpread your message instantly and easily - even on a shoestring budget. In a world that seems to be overpopulated with social media experts, Heather is the real thing. Her passion and intuition have made her an invaluable resource to the nprofit community . (Danielle Brigida, digital marketing manager, National Wildlife Federation). For over 10 years Heather has been my primary reference point for all things pertaining to online community management and social networking for nprofits. All of us here at TechSoup deeply respect, value, and recommend her work . (Susan Tenby, director, online community and social media, TechSoup.org). Heather has been a real change maker for Safe Kids. Whenever we have a question about social media we always return to Heather's blog Nonprofit Tech 2.0 for advice, and doubt we will be regularly using her book too . (Line Storgaard-Conley, director of interactive services, Safe Kids USA/Safe Kids Worldwide). Heather practices what she preaches: she is passionate about social media, and she is a friendly and generous member of the nprofit community. When I want to kw what my organization should be doing, I first turn to Heather's blog and LinkedIn Group . (Erica Burman, director of communications, National Peace Corps Association). We use something we've learned from Heather almost daily. Social media is a critical tool we use to help gain support for our military families and wounded warriors, and because they deserve our best efforts, this book will be within reach on all our desks . (Susan Miller, director of online communications, Operation Homefront). About the Book: Web 3.0 is already here. Is your nprofit ready? With Social Media for Social Good , it will be ...even if you're so behind that you're t sure what Web 3.0 means. As a nprofit, you're most likely used to working at a disadvantage. Recent ecomic factors have required many organizations to slash budgets, implement staff cuts, and depend upon volunteers or already overworked nprofit staff to manage their social media and mobile techlogy campaigns. Luckily, the dedication of your staff and volunteers, when combined with the wisdom presented in this book, is all that your nprofit needs to harness the power of social media. Give your team a wealth of Web wisdom to match its passion, and you'll quickly discover that the playing field suddenly seems a whole lot more even and that social media success lies literally at your fingertips. Enter Heather Mansfield. When it comes to nprofit communications, she is the social media expert. Nonprofits and social media are her passions, and she loves to make them work together. That's why communications staff at organizations like the National Wildlife Federation, the National Peace Corps Association, Safe Kids, TechSoup.org, and Operation Homefront, to name a few, are among her devoted fans. What Mansfield has taught them, you'll learn in Social Media for Social Good - from basic best practices to advanced strategies that are guaranteed to keep your supporters engaged and growing in numbers. Learn how to: inspire fans, followers, and friends to transition from passive interest to active involvement in supporting your mission; implement an integrated communications and fundraising strategy that maximizes the ROI of your nprofit's website and blog, e-newsletter, social networking communities, video and digital photography libraries, and mobile techlogy campaigns; understand and navigate legal and privacy issues; use social media and mobile techlogy to nurture current dors - and build your list of new dors; track and report the effectiveness of your efforts; and, imagine the kind of nprofit communications and fundraising success your organization could achieve if only you had the resources. Social Media for Social Good gives you the tools to stop imagining - and start doing.
- Author BiographyHeather Mansfield is the creator and principal blogger at Nonprofit Tech 2.0 (www.nonprofitorgsblog.org) and its many related resources about social media and mobile technology. She has more than 500,000 online followers, fans, and friends on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, and Foursquare, and has presented more than 500 social media webinars and training to nonprofits worldwide.
- Author(s)Heather Mansfield
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.