Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionPurposive, goal-directed behaviour is one of the defining characteristics of human beings. This volume surveys theories and research on the psychological mechanisms involved in the planning and execution of motivated social behaviour. The contributors are all leading international researchers, and their chapters discuss such exciting topics as how goals influence thinking and behaviour, how affect and social motivation interact, how unconscious motivation operates, and the relationship between habits and intentions as sources of social action. The applications of contemporary research on motivation to practical questions in clinical, organisational, educational and counselling psychology receive special attention. The book is written in a readable yet scholarly style. The chapters take a highly comprehensive and integrative approach, and the book should be of interest to students, practitioners and researchers interested in the psychology of motivation, and should also be suitable as an advanced textbook of this field.
- Author BiographyJoseph Paul Forgas is Scientia Professor of Psychology at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. He has a distinguished research record and has published some seventeen books and over 150 journal articles and chapters in some of the most selective journals in the field. His work has received widespread international recognition.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note23 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJoseph P. Forgas,Kipling D. Williams,Simon M. Laham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.