All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Policy in East and South East Asia provides the first systematic comparison of the policy sectors of income maintenance, health, housing and education in Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan. It focuses particularly on the provision and financing arrangements of these four Asian newly industrialized ecomies and their outcomes in terms of adequacy, efficiency and equity, drawing on extensive primary research carried out by the author. Locating the importance of Asian social policies in the wake of the recent financial crisis in the region, this work provides a comprehensive analysis of the different types of welfare state in contemporary Asia.
- Author BiographyM. Ramesh is Senior Fellow in the Public Policy Program at the National University of Singapore and Associate Professor (on leave) in Government the University of Sydney.
- Author(s)M. Ramesh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Asia-Pacific Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note55 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.