Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action by Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $165.55+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionNow it its Fourth edition, Anna Leon-Guerrero's popular book humanizes social problems with voices of experience, and addresses the consequences and responses to a social problem. Effective discussion is encouraged through the use of boxed features, learning checks integrated into chapter presentations, discussion questions, and podcasts recorded by the author for each chapter. The hallmarks of the book will be its integrated theme of race, class, and gender; an emphasis on service learning (student awareness of effective community responses); critical thinking and active learning; and the use of the internet and unique print supplements to expand on what is intended to be a briefer book than most. Features and benefits: -Voices in the Community - a section in each chapter offering testimony from those experiencing or doing something about social problems -Visual Essays in each section to highlight a particular social problem or solution in the context of actual experiences. -Internet and community exercises at the end of each chapter -What Does it Mean to Me? Brings the analysis of the problem being studied down to the level of the individual -Four theoretical perspectives for each problem studied: conflict, social interactionist, functionalist and feminist -Community, Policy and Social Action sections focus on social policy, advocacy, and community invation -All new podcasts recorded by the author for each chapter which focuses on a specific case study and revisits key concepts
- Author BiographyAnna Leon-Guerrero is a professor of sociology at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington. A recipient of the university's Faculty Excellence Award and the K. T. Tang Award for Excellence in Research, she teaches courses on statistics, sociological theory, and social problems. As a social service program evaluator and consultant, she has focused her research on welfare reform, employment strategies for the working poor, and program assessment. She is the coauthor of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society and Essentials of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society (with Chava Frankfort-Nachmias).
- Author(s)Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date27/08/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps, col. ports
- Weight975 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.