All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a criticism of current attitude theories, an approach is presented that focuses on the expression of attitudes. Attitudinal discourse is introduced as the act of communication arising from different personal conceptualisations of the attitudinal object. Instead of studying attitudes towards objects of limited relevance, the European Community was chosen to add to this work the value of an applied study. The EC is of a particular relevance in the present period in which it is moving towards an ecomical and political union. The methodology used in this study includes the MDS-analysis of mental maps, content analysis and discourse analysis, and the expectancy-value analysis of predictor items. Data were collected in the U.K., in France and in Germany.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Martin Boecker was born in 1959 in Muenster/West Germany. He studied psychology at the University of Muenster and the Technical University in West-Berlin. The years between 1986 and 1990 he spent at the University of Exeter/England from which he received his doctorate degree in 1991. After working at an EC-RACE-project at a German industrial company, he now works at the Heinrich-Hertz-Institut in Berlin in the area of Human Factors in telecommunications.
- Author(s)Martin Bocker
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/1992
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 367
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight600 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.