Social Psychology: Experimental and Critical Approaches by Wendy Stainton Rogers (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $137.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an excellent textbook that should be compulsory reading for any undergraduate student of Social Psychology. Wendy Stainton Rogers has done a remarkable job of synthesising theories within these broad approaches. She has used her vast experience in distance learning to write a book that draws students in and has them reading, simply because the material is so very interesting. Although Stainton Rogers outlines the British Psychological Society's requirements for an undergraduate course in Social Psychology at the beginning of the book, this textbook is relevant far beyond the context of the United Kingdom. Catriona Macleod, Professor of Psychology, Rhodes University, South Africa In the brave new world of Facebook and Twitter, our social, political and personal worlds are all profoundly changing. To be relevant to our lives today, Social Psychology needs to be transformed. This popular book has been radically revised to do just that. Extensively updated and expanded, this new edition contains a broad grounding in traditional experimental work and a thorough treatment of the different 'logics of inquiry' adopted for empirical research. The book also: Introduces two completely new chapters, one on relationships and ather on prejudice Updates and reformulates all the other material, introducing chapters on quantitative and qualitative methods, critical psychology and values Includes a wide array of critical approaches - community, feminist, postcolonial, psychoanalytic social psychologies Addresses social psychology from an international perspective, drawing on work from Africa, Australia, Europe, North and South America, New Zealand, Asia Includes section summaries, further reading, online resources and questions Showcases the work of a new and vibrant generation of social psychologists Covers the BPS recommendations for the social psychology syllabusThe book breaks new ground in the topics it covers and in the invative approach it takes to assessing them. For students and their teachers alike, the book brings a 'breath of fresh air', making it t just a valuable resource, but an intriguing and enjoyable read.
- Author BiographyWendy Stainton Rogers is Professor of Health Psychology in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at the Open University, UK. One of the 'founding mothers' of critical psychology, Wendy has been active in this movement for more than 20 years. She is author of The Psychology of Gender and Sexuality (2001).
- Author(s)Wendy Stainton Rogers
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteill
- Weight1 g
- Width75 mm
- Height96 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.