All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Purpose Enterprises: Case Studies for Social Change presents case studies of twelve organizations that operate in a growing niche within the Canadian social ecomy: market-based entities supported by a nprofit organization and operated for the benefit of a workforce who lives on the margins of society. Using a variety of research methods, the contributors examine the work of social purpose enterprises in a range of businesses including food services, child care, furniture, courier services, and microfinance. Combining the experience of academics and practitioners, each chapter analyses the ecomic, social, and policy implications of the case. Building on research published in Researching the Social Ecomy (2010) and Businesses with a Difference (2013), Social Purpose Enterprises provides a valuable resource for those involved in the growing push to encourage market-based solutions for those on the social margins.
- Author BiographyJack Quarter is a professor and co-director of the Social Economy Centre at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. Sherida Ryan is a post-doctoral fellow, co-director of the Social Economy Centre and faculty member with the Adult Education and Community Development Program at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. Andrea Chan is a doctoral candidate in the Adult Education and Community Development Program at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note7 figures
- Weight620 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAndrea Chan,Jack Quarter,Sherida Ryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.