All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn this age of global ecomic crises, the need to renew our commitment to social issues becomes even more urgent. Reduction in public and private spending on social programmes throws up further challenges for the sustenance of development efforts. The book advocates countering this trend through 'global social entrepreneurship' and the use of invative, inexpensive and locally customized solutions. Using in-depth and contemporary case studies, the book demonstrates how to define, measure and achieve socially and environmentally sustainable growth. The book inspires social entrepreneurs to build new models of sustainable growth, to scale existing solutions and to create new public-private partnerships.
- Author BiographyVanita Shastri is Executive Director, TiE-Boston. Shastri manages all TiE-Boston programs and works to lead the numerous activities and initiatives of the group. Vanita has been teaching business and entrepreneurship at Boston area colleges including Boston University's School of Management. She has also been a policy consultant at Harvard University, where she wrote a number of policy papers, including one on the Software Policy of India for the Government of India. Vanita has worked for Redwood Investment Systems, Inc. in Boston where she led the effort to set up their wholly owned subsidiary in India and directed their global operations. Vanita has founded two non-profit organizations, including the Meru Education Foundation and the Habitat Learning Center in Delhi, India. Vanita is a trained Indian classical dancer and an active member of a number of civic organizations. She has a Ph.D. from Cornell University where she worked on India's industrial policy liberalization.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPreeta M. Banerjee,Vanita Shastri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.