Social Responsibility by Rosemond Ann Moore, Holly Alison Duckworth (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $127.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $87.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWith stock market swings due to unethical behavior, fuel price escalation due to increased demand, and climate disasters due to global warming, operating in a socially responsible manner is quickly moving from the realm of a nice idea to a business imperative. Taking a continuous improvement approach to social responsibility, Social Responsibility: Failure Mode Effects and Analysis offers a process for driving actions that can be taken by those interested in the doing of rather than the talking about, who are ready to move toward making positive change. Although many books cover market response and interest in this global concern, this is quite possibly the first one to focus on methods for assessing an organization's path to social responsibility performance. Authors Holly Duckworth and Rosemond Moore move beyond talking about improving social responsibility risk to doing something about it, using a well worn tool-Failure Mode Effects and Analysis. They define social responsibility, explain the ramifications of the new ISO 26000 standards in the market place, and provide problem-solving methods that can be put to immediate use. With vast experience and solid credentials in engineering and management, Duckworth and Moore are both old school types. Their point of view is t academic, political, or theoretical, but firmly based in hands-on, action oriented shop-floor work. It may seem unusual for authors with such traditional backgrounds to be writing about a topic that, on the surface, seems untraditional. But from their experience with continuous improvement as Six Sigma Master Black Belts, they have personally witnessed the waste that can be so easily removed from the work place. This book proves that when hard-hitting experts tackle a subject perceived to be as fuzzy as social responsibility, the result is methods and strategies that work.
- Author BiographyGilbert, Arizona, USA University of Texas, Texas, USA
- Author(s)Holly Alison Duckworth,Rosemond Ann Moore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIndustrial Innovation Series
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.